Thursday, September 17, 2026

705/1123 - Winemerchant's sauce for a grilled steak

 

Another community-made recipe, this time from the most gorgeous Jen who has been on this journey with me for more years than I can count. This recipe appears in all four editions of the book and is apparently a very easy sauce to make. Jen notes that the shallots take some time to reduce so be sure to build that in when preparing this one for dinner. Apparently a fabulous addition to Bouchier’s pork sausages, even though a grilled steak pairing also sounds amazing. Thank you, Jen for getting us one step closer to completion! 

Note that with the fourth edition added to the challenge, the goal is now 1123 wonderful recipes. We've got this! If anybody would like to participate, feel free to DM me on facebook or instagram and we can have a chat. I have a spreadsheet I can send through for perusal. And it's OK to commit and then change your mind - this is most definitely a low stress endeavour!

- Kate x 

No comments:

Post a Comment