Sunday, January 26, 2014

308/984 - Warm bean salad with a bacon garnish

Driving back from the shops this Australia Day I noticed sausage sizzles going on outside a couple of venues. Of course this made me yearn for a sausage and I decided to make this salad when we got home to respond to the craving.

Rather than a bean salad with a bacon garnish, this was rather more like a bacon salad with a bean garnish! Not that anybody was complaining, it was absolutely sensational and maybe just a touch decadent. I suspect the reason for the balance reversal was that my rashers were particularly large...and perhaps my beans a little small.

It's a quiet little Australia Day for my family and this was probably the highlight so far. All going well dinner and dessert should also excite the family's taste buds today.

No comments:

Post a Comment