Saturday, December 8, 2012

217/656 - Walnut spread

It's hot, hot, hot here in Melbourne at the moment and last night required a cold drink and a lovely little cold snack to go with it.

I decided to make walnut spread and was happy to follow Stephanie's suggestion of including a whopping hunk of blue cheese into the mix. The resulting spread was a bit garlicky for my taste (there was a whole head of garlic in there!) and so I added extra walnut oil, walnuts and plenty of extra cheese. 

Apart from the fact that my I woke up this morning with icky, spicy garlic mouth, I would definitely make this dip again. Next time with a bit less garlic and probably with the addition of some crisp green pear slices for spreading and dipping. 

Mmmm... 
My beautiful walnut oil

No comments:

Post a Comment