Monday, November 16, 2015

488/1038 - Bush marrow with dill

With the most incredible array of herbs growing wildly in our garden, it seemed appropriate to showcase one of them in a recipe! 

I adore dill and the plant we have right now is the best we have ever grown. In fact the herb garden is looking so incredibly lush I find myself wandering out into the backyard, coffee in hand, staring at the wonderful green-ness of it all. 

Steaming, rather than boiling the zucchini, seemed an acceptable alternative cooking method for this recipe given that I was actually working with young zucchini rather than tough old bush marrow. 

The only change I made to the sauce was to use Greek yoghurt rather than cream or sour cream. The result was absolutely full of flavour and I do believe the tart notes of the yoghurt offset the creaminess of the sauce beautifully. 

With more zucchini on hand than actually required, it was amazing to see this bowl emptied and wiped clean in record time. 

Another brilliant recipe enjoyed by all x

No comments:

Post a Comment