Thursday, October 4, 2012

202/656 - Vietnamese chicken and mint salad

Seriously how many more fabulous recipes can there be in this book?!  

I am lucky enough to be married to a man who can put absolutely anything on the barbecue and make it taste delicious. The recipe required two cooked chicken breasts and so I sent Trev outside to work his magic while I put the rest of the salad and the dressing together.

I decided to forego the fried shallots, which were optional anyway, and also left off the coriander that was supposed to be sprinkled on top. The omission of the coriander was not intentional and can be blamed on the chutney of one post past, which used all of the coriander I had. 

Even sans coriander and shallots, I loved, loved, loved this salad! I highly recommend lovely charred chicken straight from the barbecue for extra flavour, but I suspect this salad would be sensational no matter how the chicken was cooked. 

2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I'm loving salads at the moment, I'll have to give that a shot on the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mel you should upload a picture of your version to the FB page - would love to see it!

      Delete