Friday, April 11, 2014

326/984 - Baked fish in a North African ginger marinade

I really like snapper but I LOVE it with this marinade!

So, so easy, all of the ingredients (cumin, coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, paprika, turmeric, salt, olive oil) were ground into a paste and rubbed on the fish. Left to marinate for one hour and then baked for thirty minutes, this was one of the easiest and most delicious meals I have created. 

I did something tonight I have never done before; I ate the eye of the fish. I was advised by the waiter at Urbane (amazing, amazing Brisbane restaurant) that the eye was considered to be a delicacy, but after discovering the hard little ball in the centre I have decided I will never do that again! Erk...

The family adored the fish cooked like this and honestly it was so easy I am thinking of heading out to get some more snapper soon just so I can see if I can make it taste this fabulous twice in a row.  

The best news is that we served up so much food for dinner that we still have a small pile of snapper left over. Now if only I can find a way to hide it from the men in my family...

No comments:

Post a Comment