Sunday, June 15, 2014

342/984 - Carrot pudding

Yet another way Stephanie has found to make vegetables taste amazing!

This lovely little "pudding" was served alongside a wonderful roast chicken last night and was sweet and beautiful and everything I had hoped for. The onion, celery and garlic were sautéed and then mixed with shredded carrot, breadcrumbs, raisins, fresh oregano, egg, salt and pepper. All of this was squished into an oiled pie dish and then topped with pine nuts and a generous drizzle of olive oil.

I used the thermomix to whiz up my breadcrumbs, blitz the carrot and then to combine all of the ingredients. Have I mentioned how much I love my thermomix?

I used a mix of yellow and orange carrots in my pudding which I think produced a lovely light colour. It was so easy to make, so pretty and kept it's shape so beautifully I am thinking that I might use this recipe for dinner parties, making little moulded individual serves.

The kids were sceptical but after one mouthful I certainly did not hear any complaints. A wonderful success from yet another recipe that may not have caught my attention were it not for this challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment