Sunday, June 29, 2014

344/984 - Mint and spring onion chutney

As per my very organised menu planner for this week, last night's dinner was flathead tails and coleslaw with this beautiful mint chutney.

The chutney was so simple to make, although my youngest and I did spend some time carefully picking the mint leaves and washing them to remove any grit. We discovered that one cup of mint leaves equates to an entire bunch of mint once it is squished flat. 

I threw all of the ingredients (mint, spring onion, chillies, garlic, soft brown sugar, salt, garam masala) into the thermomix and blitzed them to a pulp. I was a bit concerned that the result was a bit salty for my taste and added just enough of the lemon and lime juice to even out the flavour. My chutney was quite wet and so I didn't add any water at all. 

Within moments of sitting down to eat, our plates looked incredibly messy, with all of us wanting to coat both fish and coleslaw with this amazing chutney. 

Love, love, loved this and will definitely be making it to go with salads, fish and possibly even lamb. 

Yummo.

Week 2 menu planner.
I am so organised at the moment I don't recognise myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment