Wednesday, June 25, 2014

343/984 - Pasta e fagioli


This meal took a couple of days to prepare, but it was fabulous and absolutely worth it! 

Last weekend I decided that, as a family with two working parents, we were nowhere near organised enough when it came to planning and cooking our weekday meals. A few years ago my sister gave me a menu planner in my Christmas stocking and so I dug it out and started planning!

Once I had picked the recipes, I allocated one to each day, matching the preparation requirements with our anticipated availability for each evening. One shop on Sunday and a planner stuck on the fridge rounded out the preparations. 

So far this new process has worked brilliantly and I have loved coming home from work knowing what I will be making for dinner and not having to figure out what we have in the fridge. 

I used dried borlotti beans for this recipe and so I soaked the beans on Sunday night and cooked them on Monday night. By Tuesday night I had most of the ingredients pre-cut and so dinner was a snap. The bacon made this dish absolutely fabulous and the final drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of parmesan made for a perfect finish. 

A big dish of leftovers was the icing on the cake x

Our week, organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment