Sunday, March 2, 2014

317/984 - Chicken with red wine vinegar and tomato


This really has to be eaten to be believed. 

We are on a quest to eat all of the meat in our freezer before we buy any more, and were thrilled to find yet another Yapunyah chook in there when we went digging. They really are quite easy to spot, wrapped in newspaper and quite well sized!

I unwrapped the chook and put it in the fridge on a plate to thaw a couple of days ago, and was excited to have a go at jointing it today without completely destroying it in the process. Some determination, a pair of sharp cooking scissors and a few grimaces later I had myself a little bowl of ten chicken pieces. Hooray!

The only thing I didn't add to this dish was the chicken stock, having plenty of juice left in the pan when it was set to simmer. Apparently the important thing to ensure with this dish is that it tasted interesting rather than sharp due to the large amount of red wine vinegar. On tasting the juice after 25 minutes of simmering, I was thrilled to find that it had turned out beautifully, Jules actually proclaiming that it was the best chicken he had ever eaten. 

I must say I think I agreed!

No comments:

Post a Comment