Sunday, March 30, 2014

322/984 - Steamed chicken breast

My three boys were out and about today and so I only needed to feed myself for dinner. I had a hankering for chicken and remembered that this recipe was specifically designed to feed one person and so headed straight for it!

To be honest this recipe did not exactly go to plan.

I seasoned the chicken and put it on a plate, which I then covered in (too much) foil. When I dropped the plate into the saucepan to steam, it became wedged halfway down and obliterated any possibility of the steam actually making it to the chicken!

When I pulled it out of course it was raw and I decided to tip it straight back in onto the rice, adding the vegetables and a bit of extra water as I did so. A couple of extra slurps of water later, I had beautifully steamed chicken and lovely cooked rice and vegetables to eat alongside.

The flavour of the dish was beautiful seasoned with garlic, ginger, mirin and soy. All in all very simple, but requiring a different plate to saucepan ratio in order to be effective on the first go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment