Monday, October 12, 2015

477/1038 - Rosie's chicken dinners (but for Albert)

This is a recipe that appeared only in the second version of The Cook's Companion. Given the number of people who avoid cooking for humans, I suspect it is only a niche group who have undertaken this recipe on behalf of their trusty four legged companions. 

At the pet store today for chook pellets, I spied the chicken mince and thought it was high time I treated our beloved greyhound, who subsists largely on uninspiring dry food, to a special meal.

I decided to leave the vegetables chunky as Albert is young and strapping enough to manage a few pieces of cooked carrot in his dinner. Also, I couldn't face the thought of dirtying the Thermomix just to blitz some vegetables for the dog!

The resulting "meal" actually smelled OK, and I had to warn each boy as they arrived home not to stick their fingers in for a taste. 

There it was; the one and only pet food recipe in this challenge done and dusted....and one very happy greyhound x

Albert waiting patiently for his dinner

2 comments:

  1. Dear Kate, I love your blog and always look forward to your next post. A while back, you mentioned a friend who has an autoimmune disease and is currently on the Wahl's diet. I also struggle with an autoimmune disorder, and had never heard of Terry Wahls so, thank you. I can vouch for the Rosie's/Albert's chicken dinner recipe, which I used to cook regularly for my two dogs. Who both LOVED it! I have also eaten some of this for dinner when my energy levels have been low. With a glass of wine and a splash of soy, it is not half bad. P.S. Albert looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much and I am thrilled to have been able to share the information with you re the Wahl's protocol. I am sorry to hear that you also suffer from an autoimmune disorder and hope the diet is working for you as it is for my friend.

    I just love that you ate some of this recipe yourself! Unfortunately I could not give it a try as the chicken I used was from the pet shop and I imagine not for human consumption.

    Kate x (PS yes I think he is gorgeous too!)

    ReplyDelete