Monday, October 26, 2015

481/1038 - Avocado mousse

I happened to be out in Glen Waverley last week dropping my youngest to a chess tournament. Needing to pass a bit of time, I headed over to The Glen shopping complex and discovered the most WONDERFUL Asian grocer! 

The amount of time I spent staring at the wonderful array of goods must have had the staff wondering if I was ever going to leave. I came away with two heaving bags and a pledge to return before too long. 

Watercress was one of the things I picked up, which allowed me to finally make this recipe. To be honest I don't know if I allowed my mousse enough time to set completely, but the taste was absolutely wonderful and went well with the baked potatoes we were eating for dinner. With a hint of heat from the Tabasco, this also made a fabulous spread which we ate topped with fresh salsa. 

My haul from the Asian grocer at The Glen

No comments:

Post a Comment