Tuesday, October 28, 2014

383/984 - Quiche Lorraine

I do love a good quiche and when it is complete with home-made pastry, I am transported temporarily to gastronomic heaven.

Of course quiches do not get more decadent than this one. Filled with bacon, cream and egg yolks (with a smidge of whites) this is not a meal for the faint of heart. 


I had grand ideas of a lovely high side to my quiche, but was slightly too ambitious (in the vertical sense) and instead ended up with a marvellously folded over crust. It was certainly not intentional but I have to admit id did look quite lovely draped over the tin. Of course the extra pastry gave my little family more crust to devour, and being a particularly good version (read: melt in the mouth) it evoked additional groans of pleasure around the table. 

I am almost scared to say it, given my awareness of an updated version of the Cook's Companion having been published, but I will make this announcement anyway. With all four bacon recipes under my belt, I have now officially completed my third chapter of ingredients. For the record, the completed chapters are 1) Broccoli 2) Prawns and now 3) Bacon.

There is a very good chance I will upgrade to the next version of the book and who knows how many additional bacon recipes there might be! But for now, here we are. Three chapters down, only one hundred and twenty to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment