Monday, May 25, 2015

441/1038 - Son-in-law eggs

My amazing little chickens are laying like crazy at the moment and so I am in egg cooking heaven! 

I have always been interested in the sound of this dish, but to be honest was always turned off by the sound of deep fried boiled eggs. I decided I would finally try it out but must admit I cheated and only fried one of the eggs, with the reminder being chopped up straight after peeling. 

I didn't have a problem, however, with making a beautiful little pile of fried garlic chips. If I wasn't worried about how I would smell I could certainly eat these all day long!

The sauce for this dish was absolutely divine, made with tamarind, fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice. Sticky, sweet and sour all at once, and such a great pairing with the boiled eggs. 

So there it was, my fourth challenge recipe for the month. Nowhere near my best effort but at least I have reached my (self-imposed) monthly minimum with almost a week to spare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment