Thursday, August 27, 2015

469/1038 - Friands

Having been a parent for many years now, I am a firm believer in the effectiveness of role modelling the behaviour we want to see in our children, rather than lecturing to them. While I certainly don't want my children to be carbon copies of me, I will confess to being secretly thrilled every time my youngest seeks to use food as a way to make others happy. He could have picked up worse traits from me! 

It was his teacher's birthday last week and my gorgeous boy came straight home  asking what he could take to school to help him celebrate. I have been a bit slow off the mark and even though it's a week late, I think his teacher will be pleased with what I have turned out. A big fan of almond meal, I absolutely LOVE friands and this batch definitely did not disappoint.

Using both regular and mini muffin tins, I made an assortment of blueberry, raspberry and blackberry friands. Just to be sure they were wonderful, I have tested (read: inhaled) a few already and am incredibly pleased to report that they are crunchy on the outside and wonderfully sweet all the way through. 

I think it might be time to go and work off today's calorie intake now....

No comments:

Post a Comment