Tuesday, September 27, 2011

47/1038 - Smoky eggplant purée

This turned out to be another lovely dip, but unfortunately fell a little short on the "smoky" element. Having an electric oven and stove top means that I do not have ready access to an open flame. I was planning to roast the eggplants over the chiminea instead, but at the time I was making this, the rain was coming down in buckets and there was no way known I was getting wet just to impart a smoky flavour into a dip.

I decided instead to slice the eggplant and dry fry it in batches which I thought worked rather well. I then blitzed the eggplant (less skin) with garlic, salt, parsley, basil, lemon, olive oil and pepper.

This was really lovely and was popular with my guests although as with the hummus it became the never ending dip and I have been happily munching my way through the remainder today.

No comments:

Post a Comment