Thursday, May 3, 2012

159/656 - Atlantic salmon with parsley and breadcrumb crust

Presenting yet more of our wonderful bounty from the Yarra Valley! This time some superb Atlantic salmon caught by a very patient Trev at Marysville trout and salmon ponds. This salmon was enormous, weighing in at 2.6kg and tasted absolutely amazing. Even after it had been frozen (we couldn't eat it all at once!) the flesh was still oily and fresh tasting.

The parsley and breadcrumb crust was simple to put together, with the parsley, olive oil, bread and garlic being whizzed up together in the Thermomix. Have I mentioned that I am in love with my Thermomix? It was an insanely expensive addition to my kitchen but the hours it has saved me have made the purchase worth it, time and time again.

I don't think I would have looked at this recipe twice had it not been for this crazy challenge. In fact in my life pre-challenge I don't think I gave the parsley chapter a second glance. Little gems like these then, are surely what this madness is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment