Saturday, May 5, 2012

161/656 - Rabbit baked with thyme and mustard

It was rabbit for dinner again tonight which means our freezer is now officially devoid of bunnies.

This rabbit was supposed to be served up last night, but as per usual I didn't read the recipe until I started, and then cursed the fact that my little Bugs needed to be marinated in oil, garlic and thyme overnight.  

It was worth it though! After rubbing the marinated meat with dijon mustard (and squealing all the while because the rabbit pieces were so cold!) it was baked in the oven for 40 minutes. The result was a lovely tender rabbit with the most gorgeous tasty juices, which I happily poured over my entire meal. 

A little bunny is the perfect size to feed our family of four and so disappointingly there were no leftovers. If I were a terrible mother I might start cooking the extra special meals when the boys are not here. But of course only a terrible mother would think of doing that...

No comments:

Post a Comment