Friday, February 17, 2012

120/1038 - Quick yoghurt marinade for chicken or lamb

The best thing about having souvlakia for dinner is that I look after the preparation of ingredients and then pass to my husband to finish on the barbecue when the guests arrive!

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about using a yoghurt marinade for my lamb and was quite surprised at how much I liked the meat done this way. It took on a completely different texture and was very tender and almost creamy tasting. Of course compliments must go to my husband for being an absolute barbecue whiz.

I recently had the misfortune of eating a particularly disappointing take-away souvlaki. After tonight I am pleased to report that my faith in this very popular, and in this case very unconventional, dish has been restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment