Sunday, September 7, 2014

359/984 - Cheese and onion scones

I decided to prepare a mini high tea for my Dad for Father's Day. On the menu was a caramel slice (post to come!) and a batch of cheese and onion scones. 

While Stephanie recommends the adding of cheese to the scone mixture, I decided to also add onion and cayenne pepper to spice things up a little. I minced half an onion finely to ensure an even spread of taste, and added the cayenne in and on top of the scones.

Although the recipe instructed the use of an appliance to mix the flour and butter, it is something I like to do by hand because it reminds me of when I was small, watching my mum do the same thing.

I wrapped the scones in a tea towel as soon as they were cooked and they were still warm when we got to my Dad's. They were lovely, but due to my fear of over cooking them, I accidentally undercooked the ones in the middle; a problem which was easily rectified by quick thinking and my Dad's George Foreman grill.

The empty plate at the end of our Father's Day visit was a good sign of success...

No comments:

Post a Comment