Friday, December 23, 2011

94/1038 - Potato salad with bacon and sour cream

I like potato salad but I do not love it. This potato salad however, was such a lovely pile of decadence I found myself going back for a third helping! 

Not being a big fan of mayonnaise on potatoes, I think my favourite element was the sour cream. The bacon fat, two types of mustard and red wine vinegar helped to finish off a potato salad that not only looked inviting but was also very tasty. Sadly I don’t have chives in my garden at the moment so there was no sprinkled greenery to give the impression that this side dish might have been even a tiny bit healthy.  

I am not sure if I will be doing any more challenge recipes over this busy Christmas/New Year period but if not, this would be a great recipe on which to finish the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment