Wednesday, April 24, 2013

247/984 - Spiced nuts

We hosted a party recently and I decided it would be fun to cater it myself. It was fun, but a lot of work, particularly whilst balancing the cooking with with the rest of my busy, busy life.

These spiced nuts were one of my chosen recipes, and while I liked the finished product, I think I went a bit wrong, both with the number of egg whites I used and also the amount of spices added.

I found the final product to be a bit eggy and I put this down to the enormous eggs my lovely chickens lay, realising I should have reduced the number I added to the recipe accordingly. Also I also think I might have been a bit too conservative when adding the spices, and probably could have added more paprika for an extra kick.

A nice finger food for my guests, but sadly I don't think I did the recipe justice this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment