Wednesday, August 14, 2013

276/984 - Potato galettes

I decided to serve these galettes, which are really just very fancy hash browns, as an entrée to my guests last week, in the style recommended by Stephanie.

The galettes were cooked in advance, which made the serving of them relatively simple. It is such a wonderful thing to have a dish almost ready to go, rather than having to mess about too much once guests arrive. Once each of my guests had champagne in hand, I popped the galettes under the griller to reheat them and then added some blobs of goat's cheese to each one. Back under the griller they went until they were bubbling and smelling amazing. 

I topped the finished product with a mash of Spanish anchovies, garlic, parsley, butter and lemon. Guests were encouraged to spread the bubbling, soft goat's cheese all over the galette before eating and it was a recommendation I took on myself! 

I really liked this dish, and I especially loved the topping which Henry and I have since replicated on home-made seed bread. Not quite as fancy but still a tasty afternoon snack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment