Wednesday, February 12, 2014

313/984 - Sauce ravigote

The Cook's Companion certainly contains a lot of fabulous recipes, but most importantly there are just so many very simple sauces and sides that can be prepared in a matter of minutes.

I know I say this a lot, but I adored this sauce and will definitely be making it again to top cold meat, eggs or vegetables. Wanting to reduce the clean up afterwards, I didn't push the egg yolks through a sieve, but simply mashed them with a fork. Also instead of using red wine vinegar I used the beautiful Australian Harvest organic red wine jus that I bought at the Royal Melbourne Show late last year. Jules was thrilled as he was the one who nagged me to buy it, little gourmand that he is. 

Made the day before we ate it, with salty capers, tarragon that smelled sensational, chives (I used garlic chives), parsley and a crack of black pepper, this sauce perfectly complemented the meat we had also cooked the day before. 

Add some raw vegetables and this was fast food at its best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment