Wednesday, October 28, 2015

483/1038 - Egg white batter

Breaking my "no deep frying" rule, last night's dinner was fried tofu in egg white batter.  

It's always so interesting to see that my boys are like me and find fried food a bit rich and hard to eat in large quantities. Having said that, we all loved the tofu cooked this way even if we could only manage a couple of pieces each! 

I used Earth Source Foods' firm tofu for this recipe, which held together beautifully and stayed lovely and tender in the centre.

I have quite a bit left over because I fried up two packages of tofu (silly me!) and so am thinking that a lovely fresh salad with tofu pieces tossed through could be on the menu tonight. 

There are forty four "basics" recipes to cook and I have now completed twenty four of them. Back broken! x

No comments:

Post a Comment