Thursday, July 28, 2011

10/1038 - French-style roast duck

I am so proud of my first roast duck I think it deserves two pictures. 

Things got a bit hairy as I attempted to cut off the neck as I had no idea how low down I was supposed to cut. After googling some roast duck pictures I was confident I had done a good job.

My husband was mortified when I suggested that I might not make the sauce and I am so glad I did. It was to die for, possibly helped along by the extra duck fat I poured back into it. The meal was lauded as the best mid-week dinner he has ever had and my eldest told me he loved the duck and then proceeded to advise me that my dinners were, well, kind of boring before I started this challenge.

I am sure it was meant as a compliment.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha Henry is hilarious and you can always count on the kids for some innocent but scathing honesty can't you?

    ReplyDelete