Monday, August 15, 2011

26/1038 - Quick apple cake

It has been one month to the day since I decided to get intimate with one of my largest cookbooks. I was going to say my heaviest cookbook, but I have just discovered that The Silver Spoon tops it by around 600 grams. I know, I really do have too much time on my hands...

So with 26 recipes down, it appears I am on track to complete this challenge in a little over two years. I ever so briefly considered imposing a deadline on myself, however I am convinced that a deadline would only serve to add an element of stress and would most certainly remove some of the fun, so I will stick with my moseying strategy which I think is working well so far.

Today's recipe was the quick apple cake which smelled amazing coming out of the oven. I love the little chunks of apple which give the cake a lovely, surprising texture. I decided not to ice this one, so as to keep it fairly healthy for the kids (and my husband's) lunch boxes. To be honest, this cake is so nice it is probably best left plain anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Yum must try that... and I will be baking more next year with a little more time on my hands and Sid at a school with a nude food policy... I imagine homemade cake will make it's way into his lunchbox from time to time! Sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love nude food! I think you're right, Sid would love this one ;)

    ReplyDelete