Sunday, August 21, 2011

31/1038 - Chocolate self-saucing pudding

It was off to a friend's place for a roast lunch today and I was on dessert duty. I sat up in bed last night with the orange bible and worked out what I was going to make, going to sleep rather proud of myself for being so organised and not leaving the decision until the last minute.

I woke up this morning raring to go...until I realised that you actually need to have more than four dates in the fridge in order to make a sticky date pudding. This minor crisis was averted when I discovered this nice and easy self-saucing chocolate pudding recipe. All I needed to do was throw the ingredients in a bowl ready to cook at my friend's place, because the only way to serve a pudding like this is straight out of the oven and bubbling like crazy.

This pudding is very similar to those we have made in the past, except that Stephanie's version includes chopped walnuts, an addition I will definitely use again in future. The nuts were yummy and stopped the pudding from being overly sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment