Friday, October 21, 2011

60/1038 - Baked bananas with meatloaf

I have always wondered what this recipe would taste like and now that banana prices have come down (hooray) I thought it was time to try it out.

The meatloaf was very simple to make (and dead easy in a thermomix!) and was baked in the oven, bare at first and then wrapped in bacon. I didn't have any streaky bacon in the house and so I improvised, covering the meatloaf with short cut bacon secured with toothpicks. It looked a little bit like a very long, very pink echidna.

The gravy was rich and lovely, the meatloaf very tasty and I have decided that the bananas were an inspired addition, nice and soft and just a little bit sweet.

Post script: My husband and I have always joked that this is the worst blog picture I ever posted. Looking back at it more than eight years on, I am sure this is still the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment