Saturday, May 5, 2012

160/656 - Chocolate sorbet

It will be of no surprise to my friends that less than a quarter of the way through this challenge, I am already more than halfway through the chapter on chocolate.  There are eleven recipes of chocolate deliciousness in The Cook's Companion and this sorbet was effort number seven.   

Unlike any other chocolate sorbet I have tasted, this version tastes of chocolate (of course) but there are also subtle traces of coffee and cinnamon coming through which complement the chocolate flavour beautifully. 

I actually made this last night but my ice cream maker does not always play ball and so I had to pop the semi-frozen mixture into the freezer overnight to harden. It's a shame because the result is probably icier than it should be, but I don't think I will be hearing any complaints from my chocolate loving family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment