Monday, September 22, 2014

367/984 - Slow-roasted loin of pork with garlic, rosemary and fennel

It was a porky night at our place tonight, with the slow roast being the highlight of our evening. Until the marshmallows were cooked in the chiminea of course...

The loin I bought was already rolled and so I had to unroll it in order to fill it with the beautiful marinade of oil, garlic, rosemary, fennel leaves and cracked pepper. I would like to report a deft re-rolling of the roast, however it was more like an awkward wrapping of an odd-shaped present. I got it done but have vowed to google the correct technique very soon!

Amusingly, when the diced veg and bones were removed from the pan to make way for the roasting vegetables, the family descended, gnawing at the bones and eating the vegetables straight from the pan. Needless to say, I did not make the jus to serve with our meal. 

I added some mushrooms, zucchini and carrots to the pan for the last hour along with the potatoes and fennel to round out the meal. Lovely roast, good crackling...and finished with gooey marshmallows. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment