Tuesday, April 28, 2015

437/1038 - Zucchini and feta fritters

Recipes like this one make me LOVE meat free dinners! 

I cheated and skipped the step where I was supposed to salt the zucchini and leave it for an hour. Those who know me well will know that this was because I was in a rush to get dinner on the table and simply did not have time to comply! I thought I got away with it, even though the mixture was a little runnier than it probably should have been.

Continuing with my rebelliousness, I decided not to deep fry the fritters. Using a medium amount of coconut oil, I fried these for quite some time on medium heat, ending up with amazing tasting little discs that tasted incredible, even though they were not as light as they might have been had I followed the recipe. 

The fresh mint and feta added the most incredible taste to the zucchini and for a meat free meal, the family exuded a particularly high level of enthusiasm. 

Love x

No comments:

Post a Comment