Monday, January 24, 2022

685/1038 - Wattleseed chocolate truffles

I no longer eat chocolate. Nowadays, it causes my face to swell and brings on breathing difficulties, so I have bid (a hopefully temporary) farewell to one of my favourite foods. Even so, I decided to spend this hot day making some beautiful wattleseed truffles for my family and also for some friends who have been in quarantine almost every day since Christmas. Unfortunately, with COVID everywhere right now, quarantine is inevitable when you have teenagers who are out and about. The very least I can do for them is a doorstep drop of something sweet!

Enter truffles. The making of these was truly a reflection of my love for others, with me unable to even lick my fingers as I worked. In truth, I did reap some benefits. I very much enjoyed the heavenly smell of wattleseed brewing in hot water, reminiscent of both coffee and chicory. Reports from the family are that the wattleseed flavour is quite subtle in this recipe, appearing like an earthy afterthought once the truffle has been  consumed. Sounds divine. 

Although this post was very delayed, I am thrilled to have one on the board for 2022. Hopefully more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment