Sunday, January 15, 2012

105&106/1038 - Pancakes with buttered apple

I have officially found my favourite pancake recipe!

It seems the trick to a creamy, lump free mixture is warming the milk before it is added; a technique I had not thought to try before. I also followed the instruction to bring the mixture back to room temperature prior to cooking which I have also never bothered to do. The pancakes were lovely and thin and absolutely worth the wait. Except the first one of course which everybody knows will always be a disaster no matter what you do!

As I was cooking them, I could have sworn I had thirty children rather than only two. Every time a pancake was finished, I had a child standing beside me holding their plate out waiting for the next one. The apples for the filling were cooked with butter, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. A very decadent start to the day! "Best breakfast ever" according to my youngest. 

Can't argue with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment