Monday, March 12, 2012

134/1038 - Sweetcorn brunch fritters

I used these corny fritters as another interesting way to serve up a vegetable with our dinner tonight.

The first job was to grate the corn cobs and I was thrilled that I managed, after recently surviving three quite decent knife cuts, to complete this task without a scratch. Unfortunately for me there was still some collateral damage with my hair and walls ending up spattered in bright yellow corn juice. At least I know the corn was fresh!

They were cooked in the same fashion as pancakes, turning them over when little bubbles appeared on the surface. Response from the family was positive but not overwhelming. Next time I will make sure we have some maple syrup and bacon on hand to make eating these a truly special experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment