Monday, March 19, 2012

138/1038 - Mietta's chocolate cake

We had dinner at my mum's place tonight which in my opinion is always cause for celebration!

Mum loves to cook for people as much as I do and has bunches of people over what seems like every other week. It's fairly obvious where I inherited my love of entertaining! Tonight we were lucky enough to be treated to leftovers from yet another big lunch she hosted on Saturday.

Party leftovers/dinner tonight started with fried halloumi, figs cooked in red wine syrup and a drizzle of fig balsamic. Next were gorgeous garlic and herb toasts topped with buttery, herby chicken and home grown silverbeet on the side. If that was not fattening enough, I brought out this wonderful cake to finish with which was topped with chocolate and brandy butter cream. 

The cake needed something special to finish it off and the lovely Chas came through with some dried rose petals. Eaten with whipped cream (and in my case an extra handful of rose petals) this cake was rich and amazing. I think I had it in the oven for just a couple of minutes too long but I am a huge fan of a crusty edge on a cake so I was very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment