Friday, July 6, 2018

610/1038 - Quince and nut cake

So here we are, showcasing my last little batch of poached quince. What a fabulous and sugary ride it has been! 

This cake was very, very simple to make and was by far the best cake I have made in a very long time. I am not sure that I was supposed to, but I mashed the quince rather than leaving it in slices. As such, the mixture was quite stiff and dry and I was dubious as to whether it would make a lovely cake - but make a lovely cake it did!

The nut choice was between almonds, walnuts and pecans and I used a mix of all three, with some candied pecans on top for a special little flourish. My oven is fan forced and so I only cooked this for forty minutes which turned out to be the perfect amount. The result was still moist, incredibly tasty and full of fabulous spice. We ate it with poached quince, poaching syrup and a good dollop of Greek yoghurt.

Just fabulous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment