Sunday, July 15, 2018

612/1038 - Pickled ginger

I assumed when I made pickled ginger that we would be eating it with sashimi and perhaps a couple of nori rolls. Instead, I stumbled across a suggestion on the internet that has made me a very happy woman indeed! 

The suggestion was in the form of a diner's recollection of a dish from a local restaurant. The dish included Brussels sprouts and pickled ginger and was topped with a combination of lime juice and fish sauce. We didn't have any Brussels sprouts on hand, so instead I created a dish with roast chicken, roast carrots, rice, cauliflower and broccoli. This lovely combination was topped with many slices of pickled ginger and the amazing fish sauce/lime juice combo.

I simply can not express how much I loved this dish! Yes, I will be purchasing some sashimi in the near future to enjoy with our quite substantial batch of pink-hued ginger (it really does go pink!) but I will also be replicating the above meal (or variations of said meal) ad nauseam.

We also plan to use this lovely (and easy to make) condiment in juices, soups and randomly sprinkled over steamed rice and vegetables. 

No comments:

Post a Comment