Wednesday, September 28, 2011

48/1038 - Janni's dolmades

Dolmades can be a bit time consuming to make but in my opinion they are absolutely worth it.

I am sure I take much longer than is necessary when filling the vine leaves, but I absolutely love taking my time and wrapping them as perfectly as possible. I find it very satisfying to see the finished pile of neat little parcels when the job is done.

Once they have been put together, Stephanie's version has them cooking in tomato juice rather than stock and so I was interested to see how they would turn out. I was pleasantly surprised with the flavour the tomato juice added and as usual, was pleased I had trusted the recipe rather than doubting it and sticking with a method that was more familiar to me. 

The only detriment was that being covered in tomato they were a little messier to pick up than usual, but as well as tasting fabulous I think the tomato made them look particularly bright and pretty on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment