Wednesday, September 28, 2011

49/1038 - Honey madeleines

A madeleine would not be a madeleine without the distinctive shell shape. Luckily I didn't have to buy the madeleine trays myself as my mum has a set that she bought many years ago.

I took Stephanie's advice and rested the batter overnight and was surprised to find that it was quite firm when I pulled it out to use the next day. It certainly made it easier to spoon the batter into the tins which I had very liberally painted with butter and coated with flour.

Once cooked the madeleines fell straight out of the tin as they were meant to (hooray!) and were a hit with my guests, although I did manage to sneak one off the plate before they disappeared.

An encore performance is definitely on the cards.


My first, slightly more blonde, effort.
Still fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment