Wednesday, February 4, 2015

410/1038 - Chicken breasts with sage

If my herb garden is ever doing poorly, I can still feel confident that my hardy little sage plant will be thriving as always. It is a plant that seems to defy the odds, even we have been neglecting our watering duties or leaving the soil untouched for more moons than we can remember. So finding twenty four leaves for this recipe in my little garden was not too hard a task! 

My family adores crispy sage and the addition of this lovely little herb in this dish did not disappoint. I think my favourite element though was the marinade, which was boiled at the end and tipped over the finished dish, imparting a wonderful tang.

Served with brown rice and steamed veg, this was a very simple meal that satisfied on all counts. Looks, smell and most definitely taste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment