Tuesday, February 24, 2015

422/1038 - Pumpkin, silverbeet and fetta salad with quinoa and nutmeg

I am always on the lookout for great quinoa recipes and this one is a cracker!

Of course anything with roast pumpkin in it is likely to be very good, but the complementing flavours in this recipe take it to another, wonderfully fabulous, level.

We ate this salad with amazing pork and apple sausages which I am hoping to replicate in my own kitchen very soon. Apple in sausage may sound weird but it was surprisingly fabulous. Perhaps a good one for kids as I found the aftertaste to be rather sweet. 

There was a heap of fresh ginger in the dressing, which I decided to chop finely rather than grate. I buy the most beautiful organic ginger and I am always keen not to waste a scrap. The lemon juice with the ginger and honey was a lovely combination and of course the addition of my best olive oil did not hurt.

Yet another good reason to upgrade to the third edition! x

No comments:

Post a Comment