Sunday, February 22, 2015

421/1038 - Béchamel sauce

Of course I have made béchamel a million times and so tonight, given that I was to blog the result, I thought I would incorporate it into a brand new recipe, only created today.

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of being introduced to the concept of making cannelloni with mortadella rather than pasta. Building on this concept, tonight I decided to make gluten free lasagne, replacing the pasta sheets with slices of  with ham. 

To bind my ingredients, I decided to include some cottage cheese into the mix. It tasted great, but unfortunately created a good deal of fluid in the dish as the lasagne cooked. This would not have been a problem had I taken the lasagne from the oven gently. I am often one to dash about my kitchen and tonight was no exception. Unfortunately as I whisked dinner from the oven, a good deal of the bubbling fluid ended up on me. Not too much harm done, but sadly I believe my hip will be attached to one icepack or another for at least the remainder of the evening. 

Injury aside, dinner was absolutely fabulous and I am now completely sold on the idea of replacing pasta with meat for a gluten free dinner. Of course, tonight's lesson has taught me that I will use ricotta rather than cottage cheese in future!

No comments:

Post a Comment